You are here
Pair Signed Camille Tharaud (1878-1956) Enameled Porcelain Lamps; Limoges
Designed by Marbro Lamp Co., each ovoid-form lamp decorated with slender wheat sheaths resting on a gilt-metal base over an ebonized wooden stand; excellent condition with no chips or cracks; re-wired and re-gilded; signed on underside; Camille Tharaud first studied chemistry as a young man, but after an injury during WWI, he convalesced in Limoges, France where he began his work with porcelain, opening up his own factory in 1920.
- 1925 - International Exhibition of Modern Decorative and Industrial Arts
- 1927- 1933 - Paris Salon of Decorative Artists
- 1931 - Musée de Sèvres, Exhibition of works by modern ceramists 1890-1930
- 1937 - Universal Exhibition of 1937
- 1939 - New York: Exhibition of the Limoges Porcelain Group