this cleverly designed mid-century set of nesting tables designed by Bertha Schaefer (American 1895-1971) for M. Singer & Sons with rectangular case table fitted on the underside with 4 round drop-leaf slide-in collapsible tables suspended from slots; with label 'M. Singer & Sons, New York Chicago'; In 1924 Schaefer founded Bertha Schaefer Interiors. Her company designed Bauhaus-inspired furniture and interiors for both residences and businesses.
a rare pair of Barovier & Toso 1960s lamps composed of 2 clear bullicante (controlled bubble) conical form glass elements forming a pinched mid-section with gilt-metal ring; professionally rewired; excellent vintage condition
each good quality and solidly built mahogany cabinet fitted with sliding doors with perimeter band inlay opening to reveal multiple oak drawers and retractable tie rack; each labeled 'Johnson Furniture Company, Grand Rapids, Michigan'; excellent vintage condition and professionally refinished
each striking 2-door cabinet of contrasting woods with geometric designs on all sides; fitted with brass hardware; the interior fitted with a single drawer and burlwood shelf; each with 'Mastercraft' label; excellent vintage condition; professionally refinished
of two-toned burl maple and walnut, the round sunburst veneered top above a conforming body with two hinged doors all adorned in a burl diamond veneer; excellent vintage condition with refinished surface
the striking ovoid vessel with fish-mouth opening; painted overall with large leaves and bamboo shoots all on a white ground; with underglaze blue markings to underside; The first porcelain factory in the town of Marktredwitz opened in 1872 and was known under the name of Porzellanfabrik Jaeger, Thomas & Co. until Fritz Thomas quit in 1898, opening his own factory in 1903. In 1908, the “F. Thomas, Marktredwitz” factory was purchased by Rosenthal, ceasing operation in 1960.